Friday, January 30, 2009


Baked Fish
Fish fry is a weakness for most of us. When I was little, I never used to like curry fish, but fried fish was one of my favorites. Now in the era of weight loss, I can not afford to satisfy my taste buds with yummy fish fried in coconut oil. So I found an alternative; I replaced the ‘fried’ with ‘baked’. I am not arguing that it would taste the same, but honestly, it does taste good.
So here is the recipe: Tilapia or Salmon fillet-1, lime juice ¼ tsp, black pepper powder ¼ tsp, salt ¼ tsp, 2-3 drops of extra virgin olive oil. Clean the fish, and pat dry with a paper towel, mix all the ingredients and apply evenly on the fish. Pre heat the oven in 500 degree F; bake it in the lower rack for about 10 minutes.
Tips: You can put an aluminum foil in the baking tray and keep the fish on that, it makes the cleaning easy.

7 comments:

  1. aree vaa jaya...healthy baked fish sounds interesting with pepper and limejuice..nicely presented..btw is that lime piece u have garnished with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks suma. and yes those r lime wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jaya..thats a nice start..waiting for more..keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi..that looks yummy..am gona try this today

    ReplyDelete
  6. tried salmon yesterday. i agree bake is a better option that broil. it came out very good. but salmon seems to have lot of oil in itself. is that good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes anil, salmon oil contains omega3. that's good for u.

    ReplyDelete